We just built a new release of MobaXterm (version 8.2)!
MobaXterm is your ultimate toolbox for remote computing: in a single Windows application, it provides loads of functions that are tailored for programmers, webmasters, IT administrators and pretty much all users who need to handle their remote jobs in a more simple fashion. MobaXterm provides all the important remote network tools (SSH, X11, RDP, VNC, FTP, MOSH, …) to Windows desktop, in a single portable exe file which works out of the box.
In this new version, we added a new inline search feature: you can now find some text into the terminal directly by highlighting search terms. This feature has been in our roadmap for long and we are now pleased to release it.
In the previous 8.1 release, we had changed the Paste keyboard shortcut to Ctrl+Shift+Insert: this choice was made because we had been warned that Ctrl+Insert or Shift+Insert were already used by other terminal applications. This was a big mistake because many MobaXterm users rely on the “Shift+Insert” shorcut. In order to provide a working solution for everyone, we implemented this as a “configurable shortcut” in order to choose the keyboard sequence for paste operations. As usual, you can modify this keyboard shortcut in “Settings” –> “Configuration” –> “General” tab –> “MobaXterm keyboard shortcuts”.
We also added an internal SSH agent based on the great PuTTY “Pageant” program which allows you to automatically load SSH keys at MobaXterm startup (OpenSSH or PuTTY types) and to forward them. In order to activate the new internal agent, you can - Go to the global settings, then in the “SSH” section - Check the “Use internal agent” and “Forward agent” settings, then add some keys to the agent keys list by clicking on the “+” button - Restart MobaXterm: the agent will load the selected keys at startup. This will allow you to perform SSH connections using the new Agent.
Here is the full changelog:
- New feature: added a new "inline search" feature which allows you to highlight search terms directly into the terminal itself
- New feature: added an internal SSH agent "MobAgent" which allows you to automatically load SSH keys at MobaXterm startup and to forward them
- Improvement: the keyboard shortcut for "Paste inside terminal" can now be modified (default: Shift+INSERT). Remember that there is no shortcut for "COPY" as copying is performed automatically when you select some text.
- Improvement: you can now scroll in Tmux using Shift+MouseWheel if you have the "set-window-option -g mode-mouse on" feature enabled in your ".tmux.conf" file
- Improvement: enhanced compatibility with Emacs in terminal mode (better scrolling, better selection using shift+arrows, better home/end/arrows keys handling, better Ctrl+Alt shortcuts handling)
- Improvement: added "Pageant" support for SSH tunnels and SSH gateways
- Improvement: if you use a laptop and sometimes connect it to an external monitor, MobaXterm will automatically store 2 independant graphical configuration profiles (window position/size, sidebar visibility) for each configuration.
- Improvement: you can now select terminals for writing in "MultiExec" mode
- Improvement: you can now force terminal font antialiasing even if ClearType is disabled in your Windows configuration
- Improvement: better URL detection for Ctrl+click on the terminal
- Improvement: improved GSSAPI authentication for the SFTP browser
- Improvement: added a new global setting which allows to disable SSH banner
- Improvement: the terminal popup menu can be displayed using Ctrl+right-click or Shift+right-click when using right-click to paste
- Improvement: enhanced compatibility with Byobu (Ctrl+function keys)
- Improvement: telnet escape sequence was not handled correctly on German and French keyboards
- Improvement: when using "-newtab" command with MobaXterm minimized, the application is properly restored
- Improvement: you can now navigate in the SFTP browser using arrows, return and back keys
- Improvement: added some more debugging information in log for failed SFTP connection attempts
- Improvement: HOME and END keys now work properly in "less" command
- Bugfix: main window size/position were not automatically saved after MobaXterm was closed with some particular Windows configuration
- Bugfix: Sidebar visibility and "compact mode" were not automatically saved after MobaXterm was closed with some particular Windows configuration
- Bugfix: corrected some issues when pasting to all terminals (in MultiExec mode): some terminals were not updated in some specific conditions
- Bugfix: corrected a "freeze" issue when closing SSH tab with SFTP browser and "follow SSH path" checked, in some particular cases
- Bugfix: corrected a "freeze" issue when resizing MobaXterm while a CMD or POWERSHELL session is running on Windows 10
- Bugfix: corrected some issues with flashing taskbar or focus loss at terminal startup
- Bugfix: disabled GSSAPI authentication attempt when it is unchecked in global settings
- Bugfix: corrected the erroneous "closewhendone" mention in the documentation (the correct commandline parameter is "exitwhendone")
- Bugfix: the "newtab" command was not starting a new tab properly for ssh commands
- Bugfix: fixed "Decrease font size" menu entry which resized the terminal window instead of changing columns/rows number
- Bugfix: you can now extend selection using Shift+left-click
- Bugfix: HOME and END keys did not send correct key codes in some applications
- Bugfix: Shift+Arrow keys did not work properly in some applications
You can download this new release from MobaXterm website.