We just built a new release of MobaXterm (version 8.3)!
MobaXterm is your ultimate toolbox for remote computing: in a single Windows application, it provides loads of functions that are tailored for programmers, webmasters, IT administrators and pretty much all users who need to handle their remote jobs in a more simple fashion. MobaXterm provides all the important remote network tools (SSH, X11, RDP, VNC, FTP, MOSH, …) to Windows desktop, in a single portable exe file which works out of the box.
In this new version, we have corrected a potential vulnerability on default X server settings which were too open (reported to us by Cert.org). In MobaXterm version 8.3, we added a new “on-demand” mode for X11: MobaXterm now shows a popup window in order for you to manually authorize each remote X11 connection. We also added full 256-colors and TrueColor support.
Some existing features have also been improved: a new tooltip indicates columns/rows values when resizing a terminal, a tooltip shows useful information on sessions tree, some new settings have been added for remote sessions, …
Here is the full changelog:
- Security fix: in previous releases, some remote users could spy on X11 connections when Access Control was turned off (thanks to cert.org for the information). This has been changed in current version by activating Access Control by default with an authorization prompt when a remote program requests local display connection.
- New feature: added full TrueColor (24 bit) support in MobaXterm terminal (can be tested using the "lscolors" command)
- New feature: added a tooltip containing columns / rows values when resizing a terminal
- Improvement: xterm-256color is now properly supported with a proper 256 colors palette
- Improvement: when "User" field is left blank for SSH gateway, MobaXterm will use the default username configured in your global settings
- Improvement: improved focus behaviour with RDP sessions: clicking on RDP session when another window overlaps it should raise MobaXterm
- Improvement: added a new option to leave audio at remote computer in RDP sessions
- Improvement: pressing RETURN key while browsing sessions now starts the selected session
- Improvement: you can now press RETURN key in the "store password" prompt in order to quickly accept
- Improvement: added some more inline information and tooltips
- Improvement: added sessions details in tooltips when hovering nodes in the main sessions tree
- Improvement: disabled automatic completion for DLL libraries
- Improvement: improved resize function in "MultiExec" mode
- Improvement: MobaXterm now detects at startup if another different version of MobaXterm is running and shows a warning in this case
- Bugfix: Alt+Tab now brings focus to MobaXterm even when a modal window is in foreground
- Bugfix: in RDP sessions, the "Disconnect" button now performs a proper RDP disconnection instead of killing RDP session
- Bugfix: paste shortcut was sent to the incorrect terminal when used in a detached form with another tabbed terminal active
- Bugfix: with some specific folder priviledges, Mosh session did not start properly
- Bugfix: some checkbox settings in RDP sessions were overlapped on high DPI monitors
- Bugfix: added a workaround in order to avoid a warning message caused by an old install of "MIT Kerberos" application
- Bugfix: ssh agent forwarding was not properly disabled when "Forward agents" was unchecked in global settings
- Bugfix: bash completion (using tab key) for ssh commands deleted @ character
You can download this new release from MobaXterm website.