We just built a new release of MobaXterm (version 8.1)!
This new version comes with several new improvements among which:
- Improved SFTP browser for SSH connections
- Improved Windows 10 compatibility (no bugs found on Windows 10 final version yet)
- Improved local terminal and overall startup speed
- Some bug fixes (duplicate tab, powershell, SSH)
MobaXterm is your ultimate toolbox for remote computing: in a single Windows application, it provides loads of functions that are tailored for programmers, webmasters, IT administrators and pretty much all users who need to handle their remote jobs in a more simple fashion. MobaXterm provides all the important remote network tools (SSH, X11, RDP, VNC, FTP, MOSH, …) to Windows desktop, in a single portable exe file which works out of the box.
Here is the full changelog:
- Bugfix: corrected the SFTP browser which was not displayed if you used a private SSH key with no passphrase
- Bugfix: advanced terminal settings were not accessible for telnet sessions
- Bugfix: corrected an issue with Powershell and Cmd sessions when a startup folder was specified
- Bugfix: the "duplicate tab" feature did not work in previous version
- Bugfix: SSH keys in a shared folder with UNC path were not handled correctly
- Bugfix: terminal resize was not handled correctly when asked by "screen", "tmux" or "reset" programs
- Bugfix: corrected the SFTP browser which did not work with GSSAPI SSH connections
- Bugfix: corrected an issue with "ascii" command which exited without displaying ascii table
- Bugfix: removed some code which made some antivirus detect games executable as false-positive
- Bugfix: the "-exec" feature was not working correctly with ssh commands in previous version
- Improvement: improved the KeepAlive function by enabling/disabling the application-level keepalive feature AND the TCP keepalive feature simultaneously
- Improvement: added some debugging information for MoTTY connections (right-click on the terminal and choose "Event log" to show it)
- Improvement: popup windows for fatal connection errors are now printed to the terminal output
- Improvement: display SSH banner before the remote server banner for better readibility
- Improvement: replaced Ctrl+Insert shortcut by Ctrl+Shift+Insert for pasting in the terminal
- Improvement: added Ctrl+0 shortcut for resetting fonts size to default
- Improvement: added the Ctrl+Left_arrow / Ctrl+Right_arrow keyboard shortcuts for "forward-word" / "backward-word" in terminal
- Improvement: increased startup speed especially if you have many sessions folders
- Improvement: you can now save your SSH keys passphrases the same way as you save passwords if you activate the setting in "Manage passwords" window
- Improvement: a middle-click on a SFTP browser item copies the item path to the SSH session
- Improvement: added the VAGRANT_DETECTED_OS environment variable which allows Vagrant to work correctly inside MobaXterm
- Improvement: if SFTP browser does not work because your remote server echoes some text, an explicit warning message is displayed in MobaXterm log file
- Improvement: added a new script which allows to create MobaXterm sessions from a plain text list of servers: "ServersListToMxtSessions.sh"
You can download this new release from MobaXterm website.