We just built a new release of MobaXterm (version 8.5)!
MobaXterm is your ultimate toolbox for remote computing: in a single Windows application, it provides loads of functions that are tailored for programmers, webmasters, IT administrators and pretty much all users who need to handle their remote jobs in a more simple fashion. MobaXterm provides all the important remote network tools (SSH, X11, RDP, VNC, FTP, MOSH, …) to Windows desktop, in a single portable exe file which works out of the box.
In this new version, we added a new feature: syntax coloration for MobaXterm terminal: you can now right-click on the terminal and check one of the available syntax definition. We will add some more syntax definitions and we are even working on a syntax definition builder. We decided to release this feature earlier, because you may find the already available syntax definitions very convenient. For instance, the “keyword coloration” definition could be very useful in order to raise errors/warnings/information messages while parsing log files or while compiling with GCC for instance.
We also added some fixes for the “SSH gateway” feature (connection through a SSH jump-host), and we fixed some issues with the bookmarks top menu and a CPU consumption issue which could happen while MobaXterm was displaying the reconnection message at the end of a SSH session.
There is also a workaround for an issue which used to happen on Cisco equipements: Cisco SSH server does not accept SSH “WinAdj” command and replies with a SSH2_MSG_CHANNEL_FAILURE error. A workaround for this issue has been implemented in current MobaXterm release.
Here is the full changelog:
- Security fix: in previous releases, when opening a session with a configured SSH gateway (jump host), the gateway connection was bound to any local network adapters. This has been changed in current version by only binding SSH gateway connections to loopback network interface. Thanks to thomas (at) bleier.at for reporting this issue.
- New feature: added basic syntax coloration (right-click on the terminal and choose "Syntax highlighting" sub-menu). Currently 3 syntax types are available: keywords, shell script and Cisco (network configuration)
- Improvement: added automatic detection and fix for buggy Cisco SSH servers which do not properly handle "Winadj" SSH message
- Improvement: added automatic basic import feature for Exceed sessions (xs files)
- Bugfix: some third-party software installed with "MobApt" package manager were unable to start properly
- Bugfix: MobaXterm used to eat a huge amount of CPU while displaying the "reconnection" message and waiting for user input
- Bugfix: when checking the "FlickerFree" setting in "Display" section, MobaXterm displays a prompt message before restarting the application
- Bugfix: bookmarks from the top menu were not ordered and started properly in a border case related to using special characters in sessions
- Bugfix: when saving terminal output to RTF file, text font in the RTF file is set to "Courier New" for proper fixed-width text rendering
- Bugfix: some graphical corrections have been performed for proper High DPI display on 4K (HDPI) monitors.
- Bugfix: fixed an "Assertion failed" error message when connecting to a SSH server with "KexAlgorithms" set to "diffie-hellman-group14-sha1"
You can download this new release from MobaXterm website.