We just built a new release of MobaXterm (version 8.6)!
MobaXterm is your ultimate toolbox for remote computing: in a single Windows application, it provides loads of functions that are tailored for programmers, webmasters, IT administrators and pretty much all users who need to handle their remote jobs in a more simple fashion. MobaXterm provides all the important remote network tools (SSH, X11, RDP, VNC, FTP, MOSH, …) to Windows desktop, in a single portable exe file which works out of the box.
In this new version, we improved the new syntax coloration feature: you can now select a syntax coloration in the global settings or per session. See below for a short demo of this feature.
We also added a new Z-modem feature: you can now transfer files directly through the terminal by launching sz, rz, lsz or lrz on your remote host and choosing “Z-modem send” or “Z-modem receive” in terminal right-click menu.
OpenSSH (CVE-2016-0777 and CVE-2016-0778 bugs) have also been fixed: this fix is for manual SSH connections only (ssh sessions which are launched from a local terminal command). MobaXterm SSH sessions (launched using the graphical sessions manager) are not concerned by these OpenSSH bugs.
There is another important feature addition: the new setx11dpi tool allows you to retrieve or to set Xserver DPI settings. For instance, if you type setx11dpi 192 and then launch a graphical application such as “gvim”, its graphical interface will use High DPI rendering.
Side-by-side connections to a network router with/without syntax highlighting
- New feature: added terminal syntax coloration in global and sessions settings
- New feature: added experimental support for Z-modem transfers in MobaXterm terminal if you have the CygUtils plugin installed: you can now transfer files directly through the terminal by launching sz, rz, lsz or lrz on your remote host and choosing "Z-modem send" or "Z-modem receive" in terminal right-click menu
- Bugfix: updated OpenSSH to version 7.1p2 in order to fix CVE-2016-0777 and CVE-2016-0778 bugs. Note that this fix is for manual SSH connections from local terminal commandline only: "normal" MobaXterm SSH sessions are not concerned by the OpenSSH CVE-2016-0777 and CVE-2016-0778 bugs
- Bugfix: corrected the "search" feature which was not properly reset when closed
- Improvement: added another check for master password in passwords management, when showing stored passwords
- Bugfix: terminals in detached windows no longer loose focus when spawning SSH connections
- New feature: added xrdb and setx11dpi tools: useful for retrieving/modifying Xserver settings, especially Xserver DPI value
- Improvement: allowed log files to be written to UNC network paths
- Improvement: added new available keyboard shortcuts combinations: WindowsLogo + F1-F12 and WindowsLogo + 0-9
You can download this new release from MobaXterm website.