MobaXterm new version 11.1
We just released a new version of MobaXterm (11.1)!
MobaXterm is your ultimate toolbox for remote computing: in a single Windows application, it provides loads of functions that are tailored for programmers, webmasters, IT administrators and pretty much all users who need to handle their remote jobs in a more simple fashion. MobaXterm provides all the important remote network tools (SSH, X11, RDP, VNC, FTP, MOSH, …) to Windows desktop, in a single portable exe file which works out of the box. MobaXterm provides a basic Unix-like environment for Windows which uses an advanced console and can even run WSL distribution on Windows with full X server support!
This release improves the native integration of WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux, a.k.a. “Bash for Windows”): your WSL distribution runs with a full X server and can display graphical applications or entire desktops.
Following the previous major version (11.0), we have improved the software base on your feedbacks: manual selection of the COM port speed, overall speed and GUI performances.
This release also brings bugfixes such as AltGr in RDP session, keyboard handling in SSH browser and GUI flickering issues.
The full list of improvements is in the changelog below.
Demonstration of WSL integration in MobaXterm
- Improvement: eliminated flickering effects in remote monitoring bar
- Improvement: improved MobaXterm startup speed by decreasing resources size
- Improvement: improved size of main executable by increasing compression of embedded resources
- Improvement: Windows PATH is now appended to the terminal PATH in the dropdown terminal (Ctrl+Alt+M)
- Improvement: you can now manually select COM interface speed for Serial sessions
- Improvement: you can now manually type a path in folder selection dialogs
- Improvement: improved "ShiftFnKeys" terminal type with proper key sequences for Shift+F9 and Shift+F11
- Improvement: in TCPCapture tool, a new interactive console menu allows you to choose which network adapter to use for capture
- Bugfix: fixed a potential issue with AltGr key into RDP sessions
- Bugfix: fixed checkboxes which were not properly painted when using very high DPI (more than 250%)
- Bugfix: typing the first character of a file/folder in SSH-browser now gets you to that file/folder
- Bugfix: files and folders were displayed twice when pressing F5 without releasing the key in SSH-browser (SCP mode)
- Bugfix: fixed a potential freeze issue when trying to connect to a SFTP session and authentication fails 3 times
- Bugfix: middle-click on an SSH-browser element copies full path to the terminal
- Bugfix: fixed setxkbmap command which was not working in local terminal
- Bugfix: prevented MobaXterm for asking twice to close open sessions when closing MobaXterm
You can download this new release from MobaXterm website.
We wanted to say a big thanks to you all. We realize that many of you love working with MobaXterm and we are proud to receive many emails with such positive feedback. This is very motivating for us, thank you!
We hope you will enjoy working with this new version of MobaXterm!