We just released a new version of MobaXterm (9.1)!
MobaXterm is your ultimate toolbox for remote computing: in a single Windows application, it provides loads of functions that are tailored for programmers, webmasters, IT administrators and pretty much all users who need to handle their remote jobs in a more simple fashion. MobaXterm provides all the important remote network tools (SSH, X11, RDP, VNC, FTP, MOSH, …) to Windows desktop, in a single portable exe file which works out of the box.
In this version, we tried to improve existing features by removing limitations, fixing issues and enhancing GUI speed. We managed to fix a long-standing problem with RDP sessions and Windows focus: in some particular cases, there were issues when switching from another application to MobaXterm, if a RDP session was active.
We also tried to analyze our users feedback and to fix reported limitations: MobaXterm works better even if its configuration file is not writeable, it does not freeze at startup even if SSH tunnels are configured with a non-reachable host, we suppressed a transient visual “glitch” on the top buttons bar each time a new session is started, …
- Improvement: added automatic scrolling of the sessions tree: you can now move a session to a folder which is not reachable without scrolling
- Improvement: added new "Monokai" color scheme for terminal emulator
- Improvement: better detection of non-writeable configuration file
- Bugfix: fixed a focus issue with RDP sessions when switching from another application to MobaXterm
- Bugfix: fixed some small issues when selecting/moving/duplicating sessions from the sessions tree
- Bugfix: fixed default home symbolic links which occured when targets are on a shared folder
- Improvement: added "MATE desktop" to the list of remote desktop managers in SSH session settings
- Improvement: added some more debugging information for INI file detection, localisation and update
- Bugfix: fixed a "freeze" issue which occured when attempting to perform the "ls -al /usr//../" command
- Improvement: added a "-nomultitaskbar" commandline option (in order to force MobaXterm to the first taskbar)
- Bugfix: fixed an issue when starting a new PowerShell or Cmd session in "C:": session did not start in "C:", but in default directory instead
- Bugfix: resized some folder icons in order for all folder icons to have the same size
- Improvement: improved logging information concerning SSH host keys
- Bugfix: MobaXterm used to take SSH hosts keys from PuTTY if available, with some potential issues if a host key was modified in MobaXterm but not in PuTTY
- Improvement: escape sequence sent when pressing alt+arrow keys in terminal are the same as in standard xterm terminal emulator
- Bugfix: in some specific cases, tab titles were displayed in red after disconnection/reconnection
- Bugfix: suppressed a transient visual "glitch" on the top buttons bar when a new session was started
- Improvement: added a new setting in RDP sessions in order to enable or disable Credential Security Support Provider (CredSSP) for authentication
- Improvement: the embedded SSH agent is now launched before SSH tunnels
- Improvement: when MobaXterm starts and a tunnel is slow to connect, startup continues without waiting for tunnel connection to terminate
- Bugfix: function keys now work properly in "MultiExec" mode
- Improvement: SSH-browser with SCP protocol now preserves files permissions after a direct file edition
- Bugfix: fixed an issue with "Store password" window which could be activated twice with RDP session
- Improvement: enhanced macros at sessions start: now macros can be executed simultaneously when you start multiple sessions
- Bugfix: improved SSH tunnels closing function (in some rare cases, some tunnels could leave MobaXterm in a pending state after closing it)
- Improvement: number of terminal lines when printing is limited to the last terminal lines in order to save the environment
- Bugfix: suppressed an incorrect warning concerning host identification verification when SSHing through a gateway server (SSH jump host)
- Improvement: MobaXterm start up speed has been slightly improved
- Bugfix: fixed a maximize/restore issue on Windows 10 when multiple monitors are present and a specific taskbar is affected to each monitor
- Bugfix: fixed a typo in the Home page on "Professional" word (thanks to Dewi for reporting it)
You can download this new release from MobaXterm website.
We wanted to say a big thanks to you all. We have received many emails containing very positive feedback concerning MobaXterm and this is very motivating for us!
We hope you will enjoy working with this new version of MobaXterm!