We just released a new version of MobaXterm (9.2)!
MobaXterm is your ultimate toolbox for remote computing: in a single Windows application, it provides loads of functions that are tailored for programmers, webmasters, IT administrators and pretty much all users who need to handle their remote jobs in a more simple fashion. MobaXterm provides all the important remote network tools (SSH, X11, RDP, VNC, FTP, MOSH, …) to Windows desktop, in a single portable exe file which works out of the box.
In this version, we tried to improve the application by removing limitations, implementing some requested functions and enhancing GUI speed. We also added 2 new features which have been requested many times:
- Custom syntax highlighting definition: we received a lot of positive feedback about the terminal syntax highlighting feature, but some of you were frustrated not to be able to create your own syntax highlighting defintions. This is why we added a new graphical interface which allows you to create your own custom syntax definition or to improve the existing ones.
- Line delay option: while pasting to the terminal, some of you reported that the remote system was not able to cope with a huge amount of pasted data. This new feature gives some time for slow remote systems to handle pasted text properly.
We also tried to bring improvements based on your feedback: overall speed has been improved, new features have been added to the graphical SSH-browser, some syntax colorations have been added for Perl and Sql and the “Ubuntu Bash for Windows” feature has been greatly improved.
We only received few feedback concerning the feature which allows you to open any external file or program directly into MobaXterm tabbed interface. If you have not tried it yet, just go to MobaXterm sessions manager, choose “File” session type and check the following setting: “Try to open this file/folder/url into a MobaXterm tab”. MobaXterm will launch the file, folder or url you chose into a new tab.
- New feature: you can now create your own custom syntax highlighting definitions for the terminal, using the embedded syntax customization tool
- New feature: added line delay option while pasting to the terminal. This gives some time for slow remote systems to handle pasted text properly
- Improvement: enhanced startup speed when many sessions are present
- Improvement: enhanced "network" syntax highlighting
- Improvement: added a graphical editor for files/folders permissions through SSH, SFTP or SCP
- Bugfix: corrected SSH-browser display of "special files" (block device, ...) when SCP protocol is checked
- Improvement: users are now prompted for master password when resuming from a locked screen (for better security)
- Improvement: enhanced SSH-browser display of "parent folder"
- Bugfix: Mosh sessions are forced to IPv4 only (IPv6 is not yet supported by Mosh client/server)
- Improvement: hidden files/folders are now faded out in SSH-browser
- Improvement: added 1920x1200 RDP resolution setting
- Improvement: added "PERL" and "SQL" terminal syntax colorations
- Improvement: added "i3" and "wmii" remote desktops in SSH advanced settings
- Improvement: "Ubuntu Bash 4 Windows" sessions now start in the proper "HOME" folder
- Improvement: backup archive for configuration files now stores the last 16 configurations (instead of 8)
- Bugfix: fixed a potential tabs drag/drop issue when "mouse follows focus" feature was activated in Windows Accessibility settings
- Bugfix: fixed some issues with html web page generation from sessions list
- Improvement: properly support "special" characters in Ubuntu Bash for Windows (WSL): now Home, End, Insert, Delete, F1 - F16 and Ctrl+A - Ctrl+Z keys are properly handled
You can download this new release from MobaXterm website.
We wanted to say a big thanks to you all. We have received many emails containing very positive feedback concerning MobaXterm and this is very motivating for us!
We hope you will enjoy working with this new version of MobaXterm!