We just released a new version of MobaXterm (9.4)!
MobaXterm is your ultimate toolbox for remote computing: in a single Windows application, it provides loads of functions that are tailored for programmers, webmasters, IT administrators and pretty much all users who need to handle their remote jobs in a more simple fashion. MobaXterm provides all the important remote network tools (SSH, X11, RDP, VNC, FTP, MOSH, …) to Windows desktop, in a single portable exe file which works out of the box.
In this release, we introduced numerous changes and improvements to the graphical SSH-browser, and we completely re-designed GSSAPI (Kerberos) architecture. The most significant additions and improvements are listed below:
- Graphical SSH-browser: we performed several graphical enhancements and we improved the "sort" feature by allowing 2-ways sorting, saving sort preferences and improving file sizes detection
- GSSAPI support: we have performed a huge re-design of the GSSAPI architecture. You can now activate GSSAPI (Kerberos) from MobaXterm global settings, in the "SSH" section. You can also choose a third-party library such as MIT Kerberos library or use the native Windows library.
- Improved terminal syntax coloration: we added a lot of new detected patterns in syntax coloration (IP address detection, new ok/warning/error keywords, ...). Remember that you can edit/modify/add your own syntax definition!
Besides these major additions and improvements we have made many other changes, compatibility improvements and fixes. We also tried to bring improvements based on your feedback: “Ubuntu Bash for Windows” feature has been greatly improved, some feature can be forced or disabled from the “Professional Customizer” program, and much more!
- New feature: MobaXterm supports native Windows GSSAPI authentication in SSH-browser, SSH-Gateway (jump hosts), SSH-tunnels, SSH and SFTP sessions, when GSSAPI is checked in MobaXterm global settings
- New feature: a new button in MobaXterm home page allows you to recover sessions which had been opened in previous instance of MobaXterm
- New feature: it is now possible to assign comments to sessions and to use them in the "Quick connect" field in order to find a session
- Improvement: added support for the third-party "MIT Kerberos" library for GSSAPI authentication in SSH sessions, SSH-browser, SSH-Gateway, SSH-tunnels and SFTP sessions
- New feature: a new button in MobaXterm SSH-browser allows you to switch to "SUDO" mode in the SSH-browser (this button is available only if "Use SCP protocol" is checked in session settings)
- Improvement: improved default keywords, unix and cisco network syntax coloration definitions with many new patterns detected
- Improvement: the "new session" window is now displayed when double-clicking on the "Saved sessions" tree node
- Bugfix: with some specific devices, the port scanner indicated port 5632 as being open whereas it was not
- Improvement: ssh stored passwords now use port number in order to allow different ssh passwords on different network ports
- Improvement: added "curl" commandline tool for client-side url transfers
- Improvement: improved SSH, SSH-browser, SSH-gateway and SFTP compatibility with regard to different server-side GSSAPI implementations
- Bugfix: when starting a session as a detached form, the new window was sometimes created off screen
- Improvement: improved accuracy of tabs drag and drop actions to avoid detaching tab instead of moving it
- Improvement: columns in the SSH-browser can now be sorted in reverse order
- Improvement: sort preferences in the SSH-browser are now saved in MobaXterm preferences
- Improvement: slightly improved startup speed by removing some needless files decompression
- Improvement: choosing "Properties" in the SSH-browser now displays filesizes in Bytes
- Improvement: added a "Stay on top" button for fullscreen windows in order to toggle "window always in foreground" mode
- Improvement: added a new "iperf" daemon in the servers list
- Bugfix: fixed some issues with apt-get on Windows platforms newer than Windows XP
- Improvement: files and folders permissions can now be changed in SFTP sessions by right-clicking on files/folders
- Improvement: it is now possible to disable "MobaSSHTunnel" from the professional "Customizer" program
- Improvement: it is now possible to force users to set up a "Master Password" from the professional "Customizer" program
- Improvement: when you right-click on a folder and start MobaXterm from here, the session opens up in a new tab instead of starting a new MobaXterm instance
You can download this new release from MobaXterm website.
We wanted to say a big thanks to you all. We have received many emails containing very positive feedback concerning MobaXterm, especially concerning the new syntax highlighting editor and Ubuntu Bash for Windows support. This is very motivating for us, thank you!
We hope you will enjoy working with this new version of MobaXterm!