We just released a new version of MobaXterm (10.4)!
MobaXterm is your ultimate toolbox for remote computing: in a single Windows application, it provides loads of functions that are tailored for programmers, webmasters, IT administrators and pretty much all users who need to handle their remote jobs in a more simple fashion. MobaXterm provides all the important remote network tools (SSH, X11, RDP, VNC, FTP, MOSH, …) to Windows desktop, in a single portable exe file which works out of the box.
This release adds support for shared sessions: you can export some sessions to a file, put this file in a shared location (network drive, intranet, FTP or SSH/SFTP server), and share it among your team members who use MobaXterm.
We also tried to add support for AWS S3 sessions: you can browse your S3 buckets using this graphical session type. However, this is still experimental as we have not been able to test it thoroughly on many different kinds of accounts yet.
Many features that you requested have also been implemented: a confirmation message can now be displayed before pasting multiple lines to the terminal, in order to avoid unexpected lines execution in interactive shell. We also improved syntax coloration of standard keywords (OK/warning/error/…), mobapt package manager, we added new setting which allows to hide the popup terminal instead of closing it in order to avoid losing previous terminal commands, and much more…
We also improved MobaXterm behavior and fixed issues with multi-monitors, IPv6 connections, mouse scrolling and keyboard shortcuts. Besides these additions and improvements we have tried to fix several other limitations and bugs that you reported. As usual, your feedback is greatly appreciated!
- New feature: added support for shared sessions files: you can export some sessions to a file, put it in a shared location, and share it among your team members
- New feature: added import from SuperPuTTY: you can now right-click on the session tree and choose "Import SuperPuTTY sessions"
- New feature: added experimental support for Amazon AWS S3 sessions: you can browse your S3 buckets using this graphical session type
- Improvement: a confirmation message can be displayed before pasting multiple lines to the terminal, in order to avoid unexpected lines execution in interactive shell
- Improvement: if a commandline tool is installed using mobapt and provided by busybox at the same time, MobaXterm shell now chooses the non-busybox tool
- Improvement: added a right-click menu in the password manager in order to copy entry content
- Improvement: modified the embedded FTP server for better compatibility with clients and enhanced transfer speed
- Improvement: improved syntax coloration of standard keywords (OK/warning/error/...)
- Improvement: Windows 10 "Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" feature is now supported
- Improvement: added host fingerprint to "remote host identity changed" warning message for SSH sessions
- Improvement: added a new setting which allows to validate host identity at first SSH connection
- Improvement: added "SpectrWM" to the list of available remote desktops in SSH sessions
- Improvement: added new setting which allows to hide the popup terminal instead of closing it in order to avoid losing previous terminal commands
- Improvement: a "permission denied" error message is now displayed when modifying a remote file through SCP without proper permissions on file/folder
- Improvement: improved IPv6 support for SSH, SFTP, FTP sessions, and for SSH gateway servers (jump hosts)
- Improvement: improved IPv6 support for SSH tunnels created in MobaSSHTunnel tool
- Improvement: improved fonts rendering and hinting, especially on progress bars
- Improvement: enhanced mouse scroll detection in MobaXterm graphical interface and terminals
- Bugfix: fixed HOME and END keys not working properly in MOSH session
- Bugfix: fixed show/hide hotkey (Ctrl+M) which did not work if another application was displayed on top of screen Z-order
- Bugfix: fixed some dialog windows which were displayed on the wrong screen in multi-monitors mode
- Bugfix: fixed popup console which was displayed on the wrong screen in multi-monitors mode
- Bugfix: fixed taskbar button for MobaXterm application which was displayed on the wrong screen in some specific cases on Windows 10
- Bugfix: fixed shell scripts sourcing in /etc/profile.d folder at shell startup
- Bugfix: fixed a persistent Windows warning message if CapsLock is activated in Master Password popup window
- Bugfix: embedded FTP server does not allow users to retrieve a file outside chosen root directory anymore
- Bugfix: fixed MobaXterm window not starting on 2nd monitor if it was maximized during previous stop
- Bugfix: fixed "Size" and "Last modified" columns which were not resizeable in SFTP sessions
- Bugfix: fixed some missing entries in "ascii" command
- Bugfix: fixed some issues with mobapt postinstall scripts
- Bugfix: fixed keyboard shortcuts "F1" to "F12" which were not working properly
- Bugfix: main window dimensions were not restored when MobaXterm graphical interface was set to "Compact mode"
- Bugfix: fixed a scroll bug with some laptop touchpads
You can download this new release from MobaXterm website.
We wanted to say a big thanks to you all. We realize that many of you love working with MobaXterm and we are proud to receive many emails with such positive feedback. This is very motivating for us, thank you!
We hope you will enjoy working with this new version of MobaXterm!